Current version: 0.9.0g
[ SourceForge Project Summary
| Mailing List
Translations: [ French
| German ]
WinLIRC allows you to transmit and receive standard infrared remote control signals.
This allows you to control your computer using almost any standard infrared remote
control. It also allows your computer to control other equipment which uses these
signals (stereo equipment).
WinLIRC is the Windows equivalent of LIRC, the
Linux Infrared Remote Control program. WinLIRC (through version 0.6) was originally
written by Jim Paris. Later releases are written and maintained on sourceforge, by Ian Curtis.
Jim chose to build his receiver inside of a DSub hood. Click
here for a picture of Jim's receiver.
Ian chose to build a simple infrared reciever that connects to his sound card. Details here.
November 23, 2013
March 16, 2012
January 3, 2012
March 9, 2006
- Denis Andreevich has contributed Russian translations of WinLIRC and gen_ir:
- WinLIRC is in need of a new maintainer. If you are interested in taking over the
project, please contact Jim.
September 4, 2004
- Sven Lübke has contributed a new version 0.4 of the gen_ir
Winamp plugin with some improvements:
- Button assignments are saved within an INI-file, so you don't have to set-up everything
again if your registry is corrupted (and you reinstalled Windows).
- replaced standard CListCtrl. Now you can change the action in-place...
added an Edit-button to edit the button assignment
August 17, 2003
March 17, 2001
Software which supports WinLIRC
- Jellypie Media Center a lightweight media center for Windows Vista and 7.
- ZoomPlayer a super customizable media player.
- Media Portal an open source media center.
- WinLIRC Helper a program to convert remote keys into Windows keys.
- DvbDream a DVB program for watching TV.
- DvbViewer a DVB program for watching TV.
- ChrisTV a DVB program for watching TV.
- EventGhost, an open-source automation tool.
- jlirc, a Java API for LIRC and WinLIRC.
- PC Remote Control (shareware) supports
WinLIRC (and other receivers).
- IReX allows you to launch programs via
- Universal Infrared Control Engine (shareware)
fully supports WinLIRC.
- IRAssistant (shareware) allows you to emulate
mouse actions, launch applications, execute macros, and more.
- Odtwarzacz Filmow (Film Player) supports WinLIRC.
- BSPlayer is a free DivX player that supports
- Girder allows you to control Windows and supports
- Remote Control Plugin for Winamp gives
Winamp an attractive, remote-controlled, full-screen display
- Light Alloy is a multimedia player that supports
- MyAlbum is a picture and video
cataloger that supports WinLIRC for slideshows.
- Light Control uses eight bits of the parallel
port to control lights and supports WinLIRC.
- WinLIRC Output Viewer is useful for diagnosing/troubleshooting
WinLIRC settings and remotes.
- FlexRemote (freeware) allows you to control
your PC and supports WinLIRC.
- AutoHotkey (GPL) allows you to create macros
and hotkeys and supports WinLIRC.
- Media Player
Classic is a video player that supports WinLIRC.
is a PHP framework that allows you to control LIRC and WinLIRC through a web browser.
Please e-mail me
with any questions, comments, or suggestions. Also, if you write any programs that
use WinLIRC for receiving or sending infrared signals, please let me know and I'll
add links to them.
Copyright (C) 1999-2001 Jim Paris <firstname.lastname@example.org>
and Scott Baily <email@example.com>.
Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Hits (since Mar 28, 2002):